Sunday, October 4, 2015

Anniversary Trip

This weekend my husband and I celebrated our first anniversary by heading to Deadwood for a quick trip.

I usually overpack for road trips. Who knows what you'll want to wear? :) the first day we did some walking around the main drag doing shopping.
We also did some gambling. Clearly we were big winners at slots...
We had a nice dinner at the Franklin hotel's Legend steakhouse. It was actually decently priced for the food that was served. 
Steak and Lobster. Yum!

Sunday was our actual anniversary, and that morning we went to church and coincidentally and fittingly the sermon and the hymns were all about marriage.

Then we opened gifts. Sage gave me a pair 18k rose gold wing earrings I have obsessed over for months. 

Wasn't sure which photo they looked better in. ;)

For sage I stuck with the traditional year 1 paper gift. 
He got a painting of our poodle Tugbat!

Then we headed to lunch in town and we both had chicken strips because we are obsessed with them. (5 year olds..)
So good!! 

Finally, we also did an old time photo to commemorate the trip. It was a lot of fun and the photo turned out okay. I wasn't 100 percent happy with the awkward pose the photographer put me in, but oh well, it's a memory. 
Overall, it was one of the most fun trips I've had with my husband! Any time I get him all to myself is a good time in my book! :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had such a great time! I'm loving those earrings he got you. They are gorgeous on you! You guys look awesome in that old times photo too!

    Happy first anniversary! You'll remember it forever I'm sure :)

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Molly! It was definitely a trip to remember forever. :) I've been obsessed with these earrings all year so I feel so happy he got them for me! Love having blog friends to share these little life moments with :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...